Thursday, May 19, 2011

Duh

Kindergarten, probably my most/least favorite grade to teach.


Pluses: adorable, imaginative, sweet, innocent, tons of energy

Minuses: sticky faces (snot, slobber, leftover snack), screaming, attention span of a goldfish, tons of energy

Mainly due to the absence of attention after 10 seconds during any activity, I shy away from working with kindergartners. However, they have no filter and their mouths are constantly vomiting words, so they say some amazing things.

Boy 1: I have like 18 girlfriends.
Me: Wow, that's a lot...how do you do it?
Boy 1: I dunno, but I like this other girl too...[girl's name], she's Chinese. I want her to be my girlfriend, but I don't speak Chinese.
Me: Does she only speak Chinese? She doesn't speak English?
Boy 1: No, she speaks English too.
Me: I don't see the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boy 2: My dad has a girlfriend.
Me: Where's your mom?
Boy 2 (frustrated): What?! My mom is married to my dad.
Me: But he has a girlfriend too?
Boy 2 (condescending): Yeah he has a girlfriend too, duhhhhhhhhhh!
Me: Interesting. Oh, and you've got a bunch of slobber on your face.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Girl: Mr. Mac, [Boy 1] said shiiiiit!

No comments:

Post a Comment