Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cleanup

Alcohol and drugs seem to spark the truth and openness that many of us have been taught to subdue as we grow up. The kids that I work with however have these skills sober, and have not yet been beaten down by the social censor. One of my third graders reminds me a lot of myself when I was his age (hell, he reminds me of how I am now!).  He has me busting up every class with his wild imagination and accompanying dramatic performances.  Aside from his humor, his honesty is something I admire as he will be the first to tell me when I need a haircut, look like I haven't slept, or have snot dangling from my nose.  After school today he came up and shared this story with me while I was on yard duty.

Boy: Mr. Mac, do you ever wake up and your eyelashes are all stuck together? Well, that's what happened to me today. I couldn't even open my eyes in the bathroom. Then I peed all over my pants and all on the floor. My dad made me clean it up. Gotta go, bye!
Me: Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment