Monday, April 25, 2011

Muscles

A strong breeze whipped through the playground this afternoon, making me wish I had thrown on my yellow hoodie before going out. As a result, my hands stayed warmly housed in my the front pockets and my shoulders arched up towards my neck like a geriatric turtle. One fourth grade boy didn't seem to be as bothered by the cold, since he was wearing a tight white sleeveless t-shirt. His slender arms were covered in goosebumps, but it was a small price to pay when all the babes were checking out your guns.

Me: What's up Muscles?
Boy: Hey Mr. Mac (as he looks down admiringly at his biceps).
Me: Have you been working out?
Boy: (still staring at his muscles) Yeah...I've been using a shake weight.

My mouth dropped with this response, it was the most amazing thing I had heard all day. Not only WAS he working out, but he exuded such extreme confidence in his response, as if to say "Hells yes, you could look like me if you had the discipline." I had to stoke this fire of self-assurance.
Me: Looking strong dude, keep it up.
 Muscles: Thanks.
Note: Not actual student, but what I imagine he might look like while working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment